Mailbag: Saying Goodbye To Country Music
How do I say goodbye Country Music?
Turn on the radio–it will help expedite the process. — Karlie
Put on a Rascal Flatts album. — Sam
What is “Undo It” about?
“Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh… don’t know…” — Ken
It’s not widely known, but “Undo It” is actually Carrie’s tribute to Mel Tillis. — Brady
It’s about proving Kara Dioguardi can ruin multiple genres of music. — Sam
What is a good song lyric for someone looking out a window?
If the person happens to be on uppers: “Outside My Window” — CM
George Jones’ “The Window Up Above.” But you might not like what you see. — Juli
On a good day: George Strait’s “Blue Clear Sky.” On a bad day: Garth Brook’s “Thunder Rolls.” — Karlie
What is Tim McGraw’s pet peeve?
When people speak in multisyllabic words. — CM
Faith keeps gifting colognes that are something other than McGraw. — Ken
Singers who like their record labels. — Sam
Is “A Lot of Boot Left To Fill” about Jason Aldean?
Unbeknownst to Eric Church, it’s about Eric Church. — CM
Who sings “Framer Darther?”
Luke Skywalker–He thinks his father was framed. — Ken
What was Miranda Lambert’s favorite dog’s name?
It’s a five-way tie between Gunpowder, Ammo, Buckshot, Shotgun and Lead- they were all girl dogs. — Ken
Blake Shelton. Oh, wait–you mean dog, as in an animal? — Karlie
How to make a concept album?
1. Have a concept
2. Make an album
4. Profit — Juli
Songs about women who use men?
“She Got The Goldmine (and I Got The Shaft)” — Ken
How does Eric Church feel about underwear being thrown up on stage?
Hold on, let me reread the chapter in Waylon Jenning’s autobiography about how the late singer felt about underwear on stage–because that’s how Eric Church will feel about it. — Karlie
Womens: Pretty cool. Mens: Not so much. — Ken
What is the name of the Taylor Swift song where she loses her husband?
Our resident The 9513 psychic says “Your Sugar Momma Misses You” will be written in 2055. — Ken
When does Nashville Star start again?
The producers are scrambling to find a date that’s most convenient for all seventeen viewers. We’ll have to get back to you on this. — Juli
As soon as anyone can remember the name of the last winner. — Sam
Pretty sure they only let you qualify once, Buddy Jewell. Time to move on. — CM
How to think of song titles?
Just choose a random word: water, online, alcohol, ticks. I’ve got one coming up pretty soon called “Fridge.” — Brad Paisley
Who is Kellie Picklers?
Kellie Picklers is a great pickling company outside of Nashville. Try their beets. — Sam
The fiancee of songwriter Kyle Jacobses. — CM
Who is Toby Keith singing about?
I’m not sure which song you’re referring to, so I’ll go with the safe answer: Toby Keith. — Karlie
Dogs of all shapes and sizes. — CM
Buck Covington, how he knew how?
Because he knew how that he knew how… in the know. — Ken
What does Charlie Daniels pick off the table in his commercial?
A big fat check — Ken
What is Ford country?
The side of the road where most Fords break down. — Sam
Zac Brown, where is TA?
No need to ask Zac Brown–if your professor’s teaching assistant is late, the 10 Minute Rule automatically kicks in. — Karlie
Why country music is good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw9RyFXmwww — CM
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...