Loretta Lynn Earns Lifetime Achievement Award; TIME & Billboard Lists; Toby Keith Performs at Nobel Peace Concert
- Loretta Lynn, Harold Bradley, and Walter Miller will be among those honored by the Recording Academy during Grammy week. Lynn will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award and both Bradley and Miller will earn Trustees Awards.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox compared and contrasted the best of the decade lists that ran here and Country Universe.
- It took TIME magazine 50 lists to categorize everything in 2009, from the top awkward stories to the top scandals. Brad Paisley‘s American Saturday Night took the top spot on the list for albums while Miranda Lambert came in at number six for Revolution and earned another spot on the top songs list for “White Liar,” which came in at number seven. Through her affiliation with Kanye West, Taylor Swift was mentioned in the number two most awkward story and number five on the list of apologies.
- Even more country stars inhabit Billboard’s Best of the 2000s and Best of 2009 lists. Be sure to check out the country specific lists if you’re not interested in the other genres.
- So Taylor Swift got rid of her curls…
- My Kind of Country’s Razor X shared a list of his top albums of the year.
- The new Crazy Heart movie starring Jeff Bridges almost didn’t get made, and then almost didn’t see a release. Now that it’s been picked up by Fox Searchlight, it’ll see a staggered release starting next Wednesday, followed by more cities on Christmas day, and even more Jan. 8.
- Sounds Country talked to Steve Berg, the bass player for Eleven Hundred Springs, about five records that inspire him.
- Jimmy Buffet passed the “tiki torch” to the Zac Brown Band during the recent taping of CMT’s Crossroads. The actual episode doesn’t air until March 19.
- Carrie Underwood on choosing songs for her first album:
I know what I like to listen to on the radio. I know what I like to sing along to in the car. So any time I heard a song for the first album, I’d put it in the context of, Okay, would I turn the channel? Would I listen to this whole song or would I skip to the next one? It was really important to me because all I knew was how to be a consumer. I didn’t know how to be an artist.
She’s also announced a slew of dates for her spring tour.
- Adam Steffey, who has been getting a lot of praise for his 2009 album, talked to The Bluegrass Blog about The Boxcars, a new group that includes himself, Ron Stewart, Keith Garrett, Harold Nixon and John Bowman.
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser rated the new Dolly Parton box set, Dolly, four stars.
- Trisha Yearwood is scheduled to host the 2009 “Christmas at Belmont” performance at Nashville’s Schermerhorn Symphony Center, which will be broadcast on PBS Dec. 23. (via NashvilleGab)
- Toby Keith says he won’t apologize for supporting U.S. war efforts. Hours later, he played the Nobel Peace Prize Concert.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...