LeAnn Rimes Dismisses Stalking Accusations; George Strait Rides To Platinum
- LeAnn Rimes responded to claims that she is stalking her former Lifetime movie costar Eddie Cibrian.
“You know what, I’m a classy woman, I’m never ever going to battle anything out in the press,” says LeAnn Rimes … “I can’t control other people but I can control what I say and what I don’t. I refuse to get down on any one else’s level and I’m going to take the high road on everything.”
- The new Montgomery Gentry album For Our Heroes, exclusively available from Cracker Barrel, debuted at #5 on Billboard‘s Top Country Albums chart with sales of more than 25,900. (via press release)
- Download an mp3 of Dale Ann Bradley‘s “Don’t Turn Your Back” from her new album of the same name.
- In a review for Paste magazine, Stephen M. Deusner ripped the new Ryan Bingham album Roadhouse Sun, calling it more frathouse than roadhouse. Secret, Profane & Sugarcane, the new Elvis Costello album produced by T-Bone Burnett, fared much better in Corey duBrowa’s review.
- Kate Kiefer shared six of her favorite Taylor Swift songs in Paste.
- Listen to Alecia Nugent perform the Bill Monroe song “Can’t You Hear Me Calling,” and several other songs, on Mountain Stage.
- George Strait hit platinum status for his album Troubadour.
- Both Grant Alden and Peter Blackstock hailed a Christy McWilson song, albeit different ones, from the new Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women record in their latest No Depression blog posts.
- As a former employee of Radio & Records, Ken Tucker has mixed emotions on the company’s closing. Providing more commentary on the subject, Inside Music Media’s Jerry Del Colliano believes that the demise of R&R is simply following the death of the radio and record industries.
- Farce the music: As large a quantity as Taylor Swift‘s album sales are, they pale in comparison to…
- Preston Jones on a recent Brandi Carlile concert at The Granada Theater in Dallas:
“The capacity crowd, as it did with nearly every word, gesture and spine-tingling note, sat captivated, in reverent near-silence (which, in Dallas, is nothing short of miraculous). … The purity and ferocity of Carlile’s singing pins you to your seat; mesmerizing and frequently jaw-slackening, hers is a gift that rings out, cutting through the pre-packaged clutter and striking you in the soul.”
- Brad Paisley has officially posted to Twitter with help from his friend Kevin Jonas, who just so happened to be hanging at his backyard barbecue. He even posted a picture with Kevin in which he could actually be a long, lost Jonas brother. (thanks, I think, Juli)
- In other breaking Twitter news, one member of Nashville-based band The Dirt Drifters just farted in his car and almost vomited. Twice.
- Yahoo! Music is featuring videos and mp3 downloads of an exclusive performance from Kate & Kacey.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...