Kristofferson to star alongside Affleck, Aniston
- Kris Kristofferson will appear with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, and Drew Barrymore in the upcoming film titled, “He’s Just Not That Into You,” based on the book of the same name, which claims to offer the, “No-excuses truth to understanding guys.”
Didn’t Tracy Byrd already cover everything the ladies need to know in “The Truth About Men”?
- CMT’s “Cross-Country” concert featuring Miranda Lambert and Jack Ingram debuts on cmt.com today. It’s the first full-length “Cross-Country” show to be released online in advance of its television airing.
- Chris Neal writes that it’s almost impossible to politically pigeonhole Merle Haggard. He wrote “The Okie From Muskogee” and “The Fightin’ Side of Me”, opposed the Iraq war, and stood up for the Dixie Chicks. Earlier this year he wrote a song titled “Hillary” about making Hillary Clinton the president. He says he’s not really sold on her yet, though.
Merle says he nonetheless offered the song to the Clinton campaign, which gratefully accepted–then, rather than adopting it as a theme song, conducted a poll of supporters to choose a campaign anthem instead. “That pissed me off at her,” he admits. “I felt like that was sort of a slap in the face.”
Told that the winning song was Canadian pop singer Celine Dion’s “You and I,” Merle snorts. “Celine Dion?” he chuckles. “Well, that’s good.”
- Country Standard Time reports that Faith Hill will be handling NBC’s Sunday Night Football theme song, “Waiting All Day For Sunday Night.”
- Kevin from Country Universe has posted a lengthy interview with Suzy Bogguss, in which she discusses, among other things, her career “breakthroughs,” and her recent turn from contemporary (radio) Country.
“I’d play New York in Greenwich Village, and I made friends with Shawn Colvin. I played up in Cambridge and made friends with Suzanne Vega. I made friends with Nanci Griffith and all these other singer-songwriters, and we’d wander around the country.”
- Rodney Atkins is racking up hits, garnering his third straight number one single with “These Are my People” by dethroning Kenny Chesney’s reigning “Never Wanted Nothing More,” which had been perched atop the charts for four weeks.
- Our favorite Checotahn Carrie Underwood says that she chose Carnival Ride as the title of her new album because it reflects the, “wonderful craziness that I’ve been through over the past couple years.”
- Six Country stars made the cut on Shoutmouth.com‘s list of the Top-50 “Hottest Women in Music”:
#48 – Miranda Lambert
#37 – Dixie Chicks
#32 – Danielle Peck
#20 – Shania Twain
#10 – Faith Hill
#03 – Carrie Underwood
Jessica Simpson came in at #1, but I think we should count her as Country, since she apparently hopes to be like Patsy Cline.
- If you live in or around New York City, I strongly reccomend you make plans to be at Joe’s Pub on Oct. 4th, when the CMA Songwriter’s Series features Matraca Berg, Gretchen Peters, Sarah Buxton, and Carolyn Dawn Johnson. These ladies are four of the finest songwriters you’ll ever have a chance to hear.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …