Josh Kelley Previews Album with New EP; John Rich Still Mired in Lawsuits; Bonus Track From Marty Stuart
- Come Dec. 14, American Idol runner-up Crystal Bowersox will release her debut album Farmer’s Daughter, but does it stand a chance? Reality Rocks’ Lyndsey Parker says YES — if her label markets her as a country artist. Listen to some live performances at No Depression.
- John Rich‘s latest lawsuit claims that former Nashville Star contestant Jared Ashley and his label owner Chris Sevier, who Rich has been in disputes with since 2005, lodged false accusations against him in an attempt to aid Sevier’s federal case against Rich. (via The Boot)
New releases for the week of November 30, 2010 include:
- The staff at CMT compiled a 10-song list of their favorite Tim McGraw hits.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 11/29/10 Edition
- Barry Mazor covered Asleep at the Wheel‘s 40th anniversary concert earlier this month. Here’s Ray Benson‘s take on the key to the band’s success:
“My best talent, really, is convincing really talented people to join this band, and a lot of people have been in it by now. They were all willing to put up with traveling, low pay—and my personality. I used to think I had to be as demanding a bandleader as James Brown, and some people who left no doubt had me as their reason. But all of them could really play the kind of music we wanted to play. What’s been continuing, through all the changes, has been playing music on the road that’s as American as can be, and is improvisational; that’s the key.”
- Farce the Music found a couple of keepers among some of the singles currently at radio.
- Alison Krauss has a new album slated for February.
- The Boot has an interview with Mandy Barnett about her new Christmas record for Cracker Barrel.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne says the new Reba McEntire album, All the Women I Am, would make a pretty good Kellie Pickler album, but for the most part, she didn’t choose a lot of age-appropriate music.
- Songwriter Curly Putman, now 80 years old, released an album (Write ‘Em Sad — Sing ‘Em Lonesome) a few months ago on which he provides his take on a collection of his songs. My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope gave it a high mark.
- Riders In the Sky walked away with trophies for outstanding entertainer-group of the year, album of the year, collaborative/composite album of the year at last week’s Western Music Association Awards show.
Here’s a bonus track of “Lonesome Whistle Blues” from the recent Marty Stuart album, Ghost Train: The Studio B Sessions.
Stuart also has plans to release a documentary in 2011. Not many details have been given yet, but a short preview can be seen on Vimeo.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …