George Strait’s Upcoming Album to Feature Four Songs Co-Written by Son
George Strait’s upcoming album Twang has been slated for an August 11th release date.
The 26th studio album from the country stalwart will feature 13 tracks, including three co-written by the artist himself. Strait has penned songs only sporadically throughout his career, and Twang will mark his most significant songwriting output to date. Also of note are four songs written or co-written by George’s son George Jr. (credited as Bubba).
Bubba Strait has no prior songwriting credits to his name.
Twang will also feature songs co-written by Jim Lauderdale, Blaine Larsen (“I Don’t Know What She Said”), Sherrie Austin (“Streets of Heaven”), Delbert McClinton and a cover of “El Rey” from the catalog of the late ranchera songwriter Jose Alfredo Jimenez.
Track Listing for Twang:
1. “Twang” (Jim Lauderdale, Kendell Marvel and Jimmy Ritchey)
2. “Where Have I Been All My Life” (Sherrie Austin, Will Nance and Steve Williams)
3. “I Gotta Get To You” (Jim Lauderdale, Jimmy Ritchey and Blaine Larsen)
4. “Easy As You Go” (Steve Bogard and Rick Giles)
5. “Living For The Night” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
6. “Same Kind Of Crazy” (Delbert McClinton and Gary Nicholson)
7. “Out Of Sight Out Of Mind” (George Strait and Bubba Strait)
8. “Arkansas Dave” (Bubba Strait)
9. “The Breath You Take” (Dean Dillon, Jessie Jo Dillon and Casey Beathard)
10. “He’s Got That Something Special” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
11. “Hot Grease And Zydeco” (Gordon Bradberry and Tony Ramey)
12. “Beautiful Day For Goodbye” (Doug Johnson and Pat Bunch)
13. “El Rey” (Jose Alfredo Jimenez)
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …