George Strait Becomes Winningest Act In CMA Awards History
- George Strait‘s two wins last night pushed him up to 22 all-time awards and made him the winningest act in CMA Awards history.
- John Rich is the subject of a lawsuit filed by Jerry Montano, the rocker who’s nose was smashed by Rich four weeks ago. The suit alleges that Rich intentionally hit Montano after realizing that one of his female friends “was only interested in talking to him and nothing else.”
- Universal Music Group is projecting that Taylor Swift‘s new album Fearless could move upwards of 600,000 copies during its first week, easily ranking as the best sales week for a country album this year. It’ll also be enough to put her at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- Of the 1,000-plus songs on Taylor Swift‘s iPod, USA Today reveals the tracks she listens to the most.
- A couple of wees ago C. Eric Banister talked to author Loyal Jones about his new book Country Music Humorists and Comedians, and today he published his review.
In those 40-some pages he covers the history of comedy in country music and its importance to the development of country in growing a connection between artist and audience. This brief introduction packs in so much information and history that it alone would be worth picking up the book to have.
- Rolling Stone published a list ranking the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time,” with a short profile and playlist included for each artist. Blake Boldt conveniently pulled out the list and rankings of country artists and asks, “Who else deserved to make the roll call? And are six entries enough to represent country music?”
- Kellie Pickler pictures.
- Dierks Bentley played his new album for about 100 people at a bonfire party last at his hilltop property near Nashville and Craig Shelburne says it’s almost all uptempo and a little frisky.
In one song, he says that even though his lover is wide awake, he wants to make her close her eyes. Yowza! I get the feeling he was in an extremely good mood when he recorded it.
- Thanks to KathyP for the nice words and nomination in the 2008 Weblog Awards.
- Lonsome Day Records signed the Boston-based Americana band Girls Guns and Glory (MySpace) and will redistribute their current self-released album early next year.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...