Free Music: Sugarland – Love on the Inside
When it comes to free music, no one has you covered like The 9513. For our latest giveaway, we have five copies of country super-duo Sugarland’s Love on the Inside.
Here’s some critical praise to whet your appetite:
“…Once Jennifer [Nettles] and partner Kristian Bush hit their stride with the stirring “We Run,” they go barreling down the track and never look back. The remainder of the songs here represent the best of what contemporary country can be–musically modern but warm and organic; lyrically stark, clever, challenging and even daringly abstract by turns. By the end of the race…they’ve earned a spot in the winner’s circle.”
–Chris Neal, Country Weekly
“Throughout Love on the Inside, Sugarland treats pop like a big picture instead of a series of niches, presenting connectedness as a spiritual ideal. Thanks, Sugarland. America needed that.”
–Ann Powers, Los Angeles Times
“In an era of country music where you can predict what most artist’s albums will sound like before you even hear them, Sugarland joins Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban as one of the few artists on the radio who are making innovative records. Love on the Inside is easily the best mainstream country album released this year.”
–Kevin J. Coyne, Country Universe
“We can only hope, as Sugarland’s Kristian Bush gently plucks a melody from his six-string, ushering in Jennifer Nettles’ low, emotive twang and the Dobro that subtlety underlines “Very Last Country Song,” the stunning ballad at the end of Love on the Inside, that the song’s title is a misnomer, and the duo will be writing country songs for a long time to come.”
–Jim Malec, American Songwriter Magazine (Sept/Oct)
Love on the Inside tracklist:
1. “All I Want to Do”
2. “It Happens”
3. “We Run”
7. “Already Gone”
8. “Keep You”
9. “Take Me as I Am”
10. “What I’d Give”
11. “Steve Earle”
12. “Very Last Country Song”
Rules for entering the sweepstakes:
- Leave a reply (comment) to this post telling us what your favorite Sugarland song is and why.
- You must use a valid email address so that we can contact you for shipping information if you win.
- Winners will be selected using a random number generator.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (CST) on Sunday, October 5th.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...