Free Music: Eli Young Band – Jet Black & Jealous (Autographed Copy)
Jet Black & Jealous, the debut national release from road-tested Texans Eli Young Band, burst onto the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at #5, on the heels of their current single, the George Ducas/David Lee Murphy co-penned “Always The Love Songs.”
Last month, I spoke with Mile Eli, the band’s lead singer, in an exclusive interview for The 9513. Here’s what he had to say about Jet Black & Jealous:
“We’re extremely proud of this record. We feel like Jet Black & Jealous is more “us” than anything we’ve done so far. When we recorded most of [our previous album] Level, I wasn’t even old enough to drink yet. My understanding of life was probably extremely jaded. I feel like this record just has a very good grasp on life.”
We’d like to give you a chance to score one of three autographed copies of the album.
But while you’re trying to win some swag from your friends here at The 9513 and Universal Music Group, why not take a second to help spread the word about Eli Young Band? The group has been nominated at Yahoo! Music’s “Who’s Next: User’s Choice” contest, and the guys need your help. The band is facing off against artists like Innerpartysystem, Lenka, and Undead, so why not show some country pride and vote for a few of Denton, Texas’ favorite sons?
Voting is easy. Just click the image below.
Here’s some choice critical feedback on Jet Black & Jealous:
“[D]espite some significant concessions to convention, Eli & Co. distinguish themselves from the radio pack with their less-is-more delivery and a songwriting approach based in simple, uncontrived observation.”
–Dan Milliken, Country Universe
“This isn’t country music in the tractor-driving, American flag-waving sense; it’s country music with pop production and rock muscle, and the album sounds its strongest while occupying the three-way intersection between those genres.”
–Andrew Leahey, Allmusic Guide/Billbaord.com
“[The] group…works from a broader emotional and musical palette than most of its brethren, and one that knows its wily way around a hook—just check out “When It Rains,” one of the most irresistibly catchy singles to inexplicably stall outside the Top 30 lately.”
–Chris Neal, Country Weekly
Jet Black & Jealous tracklist:
1. “When It Rains”
2. “Always the Love Songs”
3. “Radio Waves”
4. “Enough Is Enough”
6. “Throw and Go”
8. “Get in the Car and Drive”
9. “Jet Black & Jealous”
10. “Mystery in the Making”
11. “How Should I Know”
Rules for entering the sweepstakes:
- Eli Young Band’s current single is called “Always The Love Songs.” To enter this contest, just leave a reply (comment) to this post telling us what your favorite love song is. It’s as simple as that.
- You must use a valid email address so that we can contact you for shipping information if you win.
- Winners will be selected using a random number generator.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (CST) on Sunday, October 19th.
And if you’re not one of our lucky winners, you can pick up a copy of the album for only $7.99 at iTunes:
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …