Free Music Downloads: Tom Russell – Veteran’s Day, The Anthology
If you’ve only recently come to country music, or have never delved past the genre’s surface and it’s most famous names, you may not have heard of Tom Russell. That’s a shame, and The 9513′s Free Music series is here to help set you down the right path.
Russell has a new two-disc anthology out, and our friends at Shout Factory have agreed to let us offer a pair of tracks for free download.
From the official blurb about Veteran’s Day: The Tom Russell Anthology
“Born in Los Angeles in 1953, the masterful songwriter now lives on the El Paso-Juarez border. Raised on the American West’s cowboy music, Russell’s musical style emerged as a mix of this as well as country, Tex-Mex and folk. Russell has recorded 25 albums and his songs have been covered by artists such as Johnny Cash, Nancy Griffith, Joe Ely, k.d. Lang, Suzy Bogguss, and Ramblin´ Jack Elliott. Tom Russell, who along with Dave Alvin was a pioneer of the Americana radio format, has received awards from ASCAP, CMA, and Folk Alliance, among others. Russell has appeared on “The Late Show With David Letterman” four times in the last few years.”
Veteran’s Day tracklist:
1. Joshua Tree
3. One and One
4. U.S. Steel
5. Home Before Dark
6. Navajo Rug
7. Veteran’s Day
8. Outbound Plane
9. Gallo del Cielo
10. Haley’s Comet
12. Cleaning Windows with Van Morrison
13. Tulare Dust/They’re Tearin’ the Labor Camps Down with Merle Haggard
14. The Rose of the San Joaquin
15. Out in California
16. St. Olav’s Gate
17. Big Water
18. The Angel of Lyon
19. Blue Wing
20. Beyond the Blues
1. The Sky Above, The Mud Below
2. Throwin’ Horseshoes at the Moon
3. Down the Rio Grande
4. California Snow
5. Touch of Evil
6. Isaac Lewis
7. Kid from Spavinaw
8. Tonight We Ride
10. Van Ronk
11. The Pugilist at 59
12. Ash Wednesday
13. Stealing Electricity
14. Who’s Gonna Build Your Wall?
15. The Death of Jimmy Martin
16. Dark Angel
17. Roll the Credits
Free MP3 Downloads from Veteran’s Day
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...