Skip to content

Music videos on YouTube

All things country!

Postby Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 10:18 am

Post your favourites in this thread. I think I'll start with a fairly rare video, one for Faith Hill's "But I Will".

Give this one a listen Razor, maybe even you would like it.

Her video for "Stealing Kisses" is also pretty good:

You must also watch this parody of the "Breathe" video:

BTW, could the moderators please make it possible to embed videos?
Last edited by Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To thine own self be true"
Rainbow

Postby JR Journey on October 6th, 2008, 10:56 am

I really love Faith's 'But I Will' - I found that on youtube a couple months ago. I am really surprised that song bombed on the charts they way it did ...

Here's a favorite of mine ... kind of obscure now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8PITIRIKY

OK, I couldn't pick just one ... here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dOoGrrOHjY
JR Journey

Postby Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 11:01 am

Those Mary videos were great.

Also check out this parody of "Any Man Of Mine":

It's called "If Shania Was Mine".
Last edited by Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow

Postby indulgedcountrymusic on October 6th, 2008, 2:07 pm

My absolute favorite video:

"Famous in a Small Town" (Miranda Lambert)

I just love black and white, and the small town pictures and what-not is so cool <3 its well-done vid
Last edited by indulgedcountrymusic on October 6th, 2008, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indulgedcountrymusic

Postby Brady on October 6th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Alrighty, I added a button for YouTube videos. You can paste the URL to a YouTube video, select it, then click the "youtube" button above the post box. Or you can just wrap the URL with [ youtube][ /youtube] tags without the spaces.
Brady
Site Admin

Postby Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Brady wrote:Alrighty, I added a button for YouTube videos. You can paste the URL to a YouTube video, select it, then click the "youtube" button above the post box. Or you can just wrap the URL with [ youtube][ /youtube] tags without the spaces.

Thanks!
Rainbow

Postby JCH on October 6th, 2008, 4:43 pm

"Stealing Kisses" was directed by Sophie Muller who is essentially my favorite director of all time. She's done videos from No Doubt's "Don't Speak" to Blur's "Song 2" through to Annie Lennox's "Why", Loretta Lynn's "Portland Oregon" and DXC's "Top Of The World"...sorry, I kind of geeked out there for a while.

Dixie Chicks, "Not Ready To Make Nice"

Dolly Parton, "Dagger Through The Heart"

Faith Hill feat. Tim McGraw, "Like We Never Loved At All"

Garth Brooks, "The Red Strokes"
http://theoreticalcountry.wordpress.com/

"This is a song called Mississippi's Crying, you might have heard of it if you've stalked my MySpace page" - Emily West.

"I'm the KiKi Dee of country music" - Sarah Buxton
JCH

Postby indulgedcountrymusic on October 6th, 2008, 4:48 pm

^ I love the video for "Not Ready to Make Nice" too, it is very cool :D

I think some ppl have probably noticed this, but if a YouTube video has the embedding disabled (which is always disabled for the artist's or the label's channels, but not always for fan postings) then it won't play when you click play... it'll say it is unavailable
indulgedcountrymusic

Postby Chris D on October 6th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Goodbye Earl:

This video just makes me laugh. xD

Top Of The World:

I wish this video had a chance to shine, but the song was after the incident, sadly.

'73:

It's a simple video, but I love the real pictures in it that the song is talking about.
Chris D

Postby Steve Harvey on October 6th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Last edited by Steve Harvey on November 11th, 2008, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Harvey

Postby indulgedcountrymusic on October 6th, 2008, 8:38 pm

I love the video (and song) for "I Can Love You Better" by The Dixie Chicks

I really think it is such a fun video to go with a fun song; love them sitting on the baggage conveyor belt :lol: and tasting the frosting on cakes etc. - random funny stuff ;)
indulgedcountrymusic

Postby Razor X on October 6th, 2008, 9:39 pm

I'm in a Dolly mood tonight. I think this one could have been a hit had it not been for label turmoils. Note Alison Krauss on harmony vocals.

Razor X

Postby JR Journey on October 6th, 2008, 9:46 pm

A few from the Queen of Music Videos ...

This is the first Reba video I ever saw. Really hooked me right away. Her spunk and attitude came across so well - outstanding cast and dancers too.

Unforgettable ending to this one ...

One great song. Two great singers. Spectacular cinematography.

Last edited by JR Journey on October 11th, 2008, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JR Journey

Postby Razor X on October 6th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Compare the first frames of each of those last two videos. They don't look like the same person. Looks like Reba is using the same plastic surgeon as Dolly.
Razor X

Postby JCH on October 6th, 2008, 10:09 pm

I still hate the duet version of Because of You between Reba and the ol' KC...Kelly's original version just craps on it so much.

Razor X wrote:Compare the first frames of each of those last two videos. They don't look like the same person. Looks like Reba is using the same plastic surgeon as Dolly.

Hey, Dolly pays a lot of money to look that cheap :lol:

"This is a song called Mississippi's Crying, you might have heard of it if you've stalked my MySpace page" - Emily West.

JCH

Postby Razor X on October 6th, 2008, 10:21 pm

JCH wrote:I still hate the duet version of Because of You between Reba and the ol' KC...Kelly's original version just craps on it so much.

It's actually one of the few songs on Reba Duets, that I actually like, even though it is a pure pop song. I hadn't heard Kelly's version until after I'd heard the duet version.
Razor X

Postby JCH on October 6th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Razor X wrote:
JCH wrote:I still hate the duet version of Because of You between Reba and the ol' KC...Kelly's original version just craps on it so much.

It's actually one of the few songs on Reba Duets, that I actually like, even though it is a pure pop song. I hadn't heard Kelly's version until after I'd heard the duet version.

I can definitely understand the liking of the track (especially considering the, um, ups and downs of the Reba Duets album) if you're not a major Kelly Clarkson fan. I've just seen Kelly perform that song so many times with so much emotion behind it. However, every time I see Reba perform the bridge, she just sucks the life out of it for me. And that is a big thing for me to say as I view Reba as an amazing story teller.
Last edited by JCH on October 6th, 2008, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCH

Postby Rainbow on October 6th, 2008, 10:28 pm

Razor X wrote:

I don't like either.

Sara Evans' music video for "Cheatin'" is great:

So is her video for "As If":
Rainbow

Postby indulgedcountrymusic on October 7th, 2008, 5:08 am

^ "As If" is such a sexy video, I love it <3 Her outfits were stunning too, especially the purple one
indulgedcountrymusic

Postby JR Journey on October 7th, 2008, 10:20 am

Razor X wrote:Compare the first frames of each of those last two videos. They don't look like the same person. Looks like Reba is using the same plastic surgeon as Dolly.

Reba really changed her look about 2 years into the TV show I think. She definitely had some major facial adjustments - I actually think she looks quite good. Different, yes, but also very pretty still. Not quite as drastic as Dolly. And I think the wig and the heavy 'period' make-up has a lot to do with how different Reba looks in the BOY video.

Razor X wrote:It's actually one of the few songs on Reba Duets, that I actually like, even though it is a pure pop song. I hadn't heard Kelly's version until after I'd heard the duet version.

It's one of my favorite Reba songs from her entire catalog. And while I have always liked Kelly's version even before I knew Reba recorded it, the duet version is by far my favorite.
JR Journey

Next