Exclusive Contest: Win Hand-Written Lyrics From Zac Brown Band
For our first giveaway of the new year, we’re offering you a chance to score a one-of-a-kind piece of country music memorabilia.
Hailing from Atlanta, Zac Brown Band burst onto the scene with their 2008 smash “Chicken Fried” and their debut national album The Foundation. The band’s introduction to the country music world is a high-powered 11-song collection that landed on two of The 9513′s end-of-year “staff picks” lists:
“Zac Brown Band’s major label debut showcases a surprisingly honest and direct songwriting voice…[A]n album that is full of soul, and one that digs deep into love and loss, at times revealing characters who are in a state of reverie while at others those who are mired in heartwrenching despair. The Foundation is one of the year’s most unexpectedly satisfying debuts.” — Jim Malec
“Zac Brown Band joins Ashton Shepherd, Jamey Johnson and even Joey + Rory as examples of how the mainstream can still be unique, credible and authentic.” — Kelly Dearmore
Today we’re giving you a chance to win a copy of The Foundation, as well as a hand-written lyric sheet from the band–something that can’t be bought and can rarely be won.
Listen to ZBB's new single: Zac Brown Band – “Whatever it Is”
VIDEO: A unique, parking lot performance of “Whatever it Is”
The Foundation Tracklist
1. “Toes” (Zac Brown, Wyatt Durette, John Driskell Hopkins, Shawn Mullins)
2. “Whatever It Is” (Brown, Durette)
3. “Where the Boat Leaves From” (Brown, Durette)
4. “Violin Intro to Free” (Jimmy De Martini)
5. “Free” (Brown)
6. “Chicken Fried” (Brown, Durette)
7. “Mary” (Brown, J. Cline)
8. “Different Kind of Fine” (Brown, Durette, Stokes Nielson)
9. “Highway 20 Ride” (Brown, Durette)
10. “It’s Not OK” (Hopkins)
11. “Jolene” (Ray LaMontagne)
12. “Sic ‘Em on a Chicken” (Brown, Hopkins)
Entering the Giveaway
Entering is easy–just leave any comment to this post telling us about whatever “it” is that gets you up in the morning. What makes you excited about your day? Is “it” is your job or your kids? Is “it” proving that there’s a government conspiracy to cover up the existence of extraterrestrials? (I’m not the only one here for that last one, right?)
You must use a valid email address when you enter so that we can contact you if you win. The9513.com will never share your private information without your explicit consent.
Eligible comments must be posted by 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 8th. The winner will be chosen randomly and announced after the contest has ended.
Check out Zac Brown Band at Bonnaroo on June 11th, and this Friday live on Jimmy Kimmel (ABC, 12:05 EST).
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...