Escalating Gas Prices Put Halt To Concert-Goers
- Galleywinter forum members discuss the effect that the escalating gas prices have had on the number of concerts that they’re able to attend. Most are saying that road trips to see favorite artists are almost out of the question.
- Check out the fancy new Roughstock website. They’re currently featuring an exclusive interview with Ashton Shepherd.
If you could follow the career path of one country artist who would it be and why?
I would say Alan Jackson. He started his career out with a bang and has held strong for so many years and is such a great writer.
- Fans of the Bakersfield Sound celebrated and honored the musicians who’ve kept the music alive on Sunday for the Second Annual Bakersfield Country Music Awards. Not everyone is optimistic about the future of the Bakersfield Sound, though.
- Edward Morris says Sunday night at LP Field was plagued by excruciatingly slow set changes, but even that couldn’t keep Dwight Yoakam from reminding the locals of how exciting pure country music can be.
- When Sara Evans marries fiancé Jay Barker they’ll have a total of seven kids, but that’s not keeping her from talking about having more with the former Alabama quarterback.
- You’ll find no wasted words in Ryan Bingham‘s Q&A with The Houston Chronicle’s Joey Guerra.
- Alison Bonaguro says the sincerest form of flattery for an artist has to be when another artist performs an entire song about them, for example, Taylor Swift‘s “Tim McGraw” or Tim McGraw‘s own “Kristofferson.” A simple shout-out isn’t too bad, either. So what are some of your favorite name-checking songs?
- Attendance to the CMA Music Festival was up 9.4% over last year, a statistic that Brad at Music City TV facetiously attributes to Jessica Simpson‘s presence.
- Larry Karnowski on Hayes Carll‘s Trouble In Mind: “a kick-ass, whiskey-fueled attempt to hang on to that part of our youth with too much alchohol, late nights, bad lovers, and shenanigans. Sadly, though, he knows he’s passing that time, and he’s growing up — but not without a drunken fight or two along the way.”
- Country Universe asserts that Linda Ronstadt revolutionized what a female artist could be in country music, which earns her a spot at No. 21 on the list of 100 Greatest Women.
- If you live in Nashville, Eamon McLoughlin says it’s essential that you make your way to Robert’s Western World on Lower Broadway on the first Sunday of every month. That’s when steel-guitarist Don Helms mesmerizes those in attendance. Helms played for Hank Williams and laid down the intros to “Your Cheatin’ Heart” and “Cold, Cold Heart.”
- Sarah Rodman has nothing but praise for Emmylou Harris‘ All I Intended To Be.
- Kenny Chesney‘s seven-hour event at San Francisco’s AT&T Park was staged like a mini country festival, according to Joel Selvin, who says “Chesney is new country’s leading man and he has found a previously untapped constituency for country music of young suburbans who, like Chesney, probably listened to rock music when they were in high school, too.”
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...