Eli Yound Band Joins Republic Nashville; Stream Court Yard Hounds; Joey+Rory Announce ‘Album #2′
- Eli Young Band joined the Republic Nashville roster.
- Miranda Lambert‘s Third Annual “Cause for Paws” benefit will be held May 15 in Tyler, Texas.
- Tour News: Trace Adkins and Toby Keith will hit the road for their American Ride tour on June 19; Miranda Lambert is taking her first official headlining tour, Roadside Bars And Pink Guitars, to the fans on March 18; Carrie Underwood added more dates to her Play On Tour; and Reckless Kelly will join up with Cross Canadian Ragweed in Nashville on March 3 to kick off their Ragged and Reckless tour.
- Dailey & Vincent debuted at the top of the Billboard bluegrass chart for their Cracker-Barrel exclusive album Dailey & Vincent Sing the Statler Brothers.
- Tom T. Hall on writing with his wife Dixie:
Well, we write this way: I’m a fast writer. I write real fast. And she’ll come up with an idea for a song like “Hero in Harlan”, and we’ll sketch it out and get it places where I think it ought to go. But she was a newspaper editor so she’ll take the song and stay up all night and fix it. So I’ll get up and it rhymes and it meters. I have to watch her and make sure it gets to the end though. I accuse her of writing these old bluegrass songs where a lot of people get killed. If I go to bed with a guy walking quietly down a path, when I wake up the next morning, he’ll be hanging in a tree. But we kinda write that way. Of course, we also write some by ourselves.
- Josh Tuner wants people to know it’s not just his voice — he does everything deeply: “[...] I just want people to know that I never compromised. I’ve never been one to compromise in anything I believe in. I feel deeply, I sing deeply, I love deeply and I hurt deeply. Everything I do is deep, and that’s the way I’ve always been.”
- Husband and wife duo Joey+Rory will release their new album, simply titled Album #2, sometime this summer. In the mean time, you can catch them on tour with the Zac Brown Band.
- Billy Joe Shaver on the story behind his song “Live Forever:”
My son Eddy gave me that way back around 1989. Oh God, it’s such a great melody. The melody’s so good that I carried it around for six months before I could figure out what to put with it. I think Eddy gave it to me just to kick my (expletive)!
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on Walt Wilkins‘ last record, Vigil: “It is a very low key, quiet record, with songs which are beautiful and thoughtful, and the sequencing is perfect. It is a very mature piece of work with an emotional and spiritual honesty which resonates very strongly with me.”
- Music Fog:
- Rhonda Vincent is documenting the recording process for a new album on her website. (via The Bluegrass Blog)
- The new Court Yard Hounds (Dixie Chicks’ Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) album can be pre-ordered on the duo’s website, where several songs can also be streamed. If you do pre-order the album, you’ll receive four album tracks instantly. Also, be sure to check out the bio to see what the sisters have been up to and the inspiration behind the new music.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...