Delayed Ashley Monroe Album Finally Earns Release Date
- Ashely Monroe announced that the album she made for Sony when she was 19 (now 22), titled Satisfied, will be released digitally on May 19.
- Ferlin Husky is home recovering after a trip to the hospital last weekend for congestive heart failure and pneumonia.
- In an interview published on Reuters, Steve Earle talks about his new album, a tribute to Townes Van Zandt, and a novel that’s been in the making for six years.
It’s my second book — it’s about a defrocked doctor who’s a heroin addict who lives in San Antonio in 1963. Ten years before, he was traveling with Hank Williams when he died. And Hank Williams’ ghost shows up. The short answer is it’s about Hank Williams’ ghost and heroin and Roe v. Wade. I may get my ass kicked for this, but no one can say I’m not going for it.
- Twangville’s Shawn Underwood has a rundown of his favorite acts from Old Settler’s Music Festival.
- Aaron Watson is set to record a live album in Waco, TX on June 27. The album, titled Deep In The Heart Of Texas: Aaron Watson Live, is scheduled for a September 15 release.
- Watch Slaid Cleaves‘ performance of “Black T-Shirt” from the Music Fog showcase at SXSW.
- Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelly talked to the Las Vegas Sun about the group’s increasing exposure and upcoming tour with Kenny Chesney.
- All the costumes in Joey + Rory‘s new music video for “Play the Song” came from the couple’s own closet.
- Melodic Sunburst’s Carolyn Dixon recommends Damn the Roses from Craig Jackson, which she describes as a leisurely paced mix of folk, country, and rock.
- Ted Lehmann posted loads of pictures from Merlefest. (via The Bluegrass Blog)
- The Texas Music Matters song of the day is “Drunken Poet’s Dream” from Ray Wylie Hubbard, a song he wrote with Hayes Carll and appeared as the opening track on Carll’s latest album, Trouble In Mind.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...