CMT Music Award Nominees Revealed; Elizabeth Cook & Jim Lauderdale Among New Releases; John Rich’s Free Download
- Ladies and gentlemen, your 2010 CMT Music Award nominees.
New releases for the week of May 11, 2010 include:
- On Saturday, 150 music industry veterans consisting of employees for Columbia Nashville and sister label Epic Records from between 1975 and 1995 gathered for a reunion. Bobby Bare was there, along with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Crystal Gayle, Joe Diffie, and many others. CMT’s Edward Morris recapped the event, too.
- If you haven’t checked out Jamie Wilson yet, head over to Sounds Country and take a listen to “Little Too Rough.”
- Ninebullets.net introduced Blaze Foley.
- When Miss Leslie reordered a batch of her live CDs, she accidentally left the title off, which means you can pick one up for the cost of shipping.
- Jamey Johnson joined the lineup for Chely Wright‘s 10th annual Reading, Writing & Rhythm benefit concert.
- John Rich is providing a free download of a new song on his website for anyone who signs up for email updates. The song, “Lend A Hand,” is dedicated to the people of Nashville.
- Many of the instruments from the Musicians Hall of Fame, like the bass Lightning Chance used for Hank Williams’ final recording sessions, are in a sad state of disrepair from the recent floods in Nashville.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne introduced Bobbie Cryner, who he says was “possibly the best unheralded singer-songwriter of her time.”
- In an interview with CMT’s Craig Shelburne, Alan Jackson talked about the life cycle of an older song he wrote that ended up on his new album:
How did “True Love Is a Golden Ring” come back to your attention? I understand that’s an older song.
Yeah. Adam and Shannon Wright — he’s my nephew and she’s his wife — are a duo called the Wrights. They’ve been around and had some records and they’re both good songwriters. Anyway, they cut an album a couple of years ago and wanted some of my old stuff. They went and dug that song up. It was in one of my catalogs at a publishing company. I had forgotten about that thing. I had always wanted to cut it but I just forgot about it. They ended up doing a really cool version of it. When I heard that, I thought I might put it on my next album.
- Lady Antebellum collaborated with Maroon 5 on a song that will appear on the pop group’s new album, due out later this year.
- The New York Times‘ David Belcher interviewed Mary Chapin Carpenter.
- Watch the video for the Buxton Hughes song “Big Blue Sky.”
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...