Charlie Louvin Autobiography In the Works; Ronnie Dunn’s New Single; Rodney Hayden Introduces Video Series
- Charlie Louvin‘s autobiography will be released later this year.
- Dierks Bentley describes the direction of his next album:
“I’m going to use the term kick (butt) to describe it,” Bentley said of his new material. “Everyone is asking me, ‘Is it bluegrass or country?’ I think you’re asking the wrong guy because I thought the last record was a country record with bluegrass influences. The simple answer is it just has a lot more kick. It will complement the other side of my career, the more commercial, fun, rocking stuff.”
- When Ed Bruce joined Trace Adkins at the Ryman this past Saturday to pay tribute to Charlie Louvin, it was his first performance on the Opry stage in over 20 years.
- The Bluegrass Blog put together a collection of remembrances of Charlie Louvin.
- Rodney Hayden introduced a new, weekly video series on his website in which he’ll pick one of his songs, tell its story, and perform it acoustically. To top it all off, he’s offering each song as a free download. The first episode features the song “Down The Road.”
- HoustonPress’ William Michael Smith interviewed Rodney Crowell on the subject of his new memoir.
- Eagles member Don Henley is reportedly in Nashville working on a solo album of country songs.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/30/11 Edition
- Here’s a story about a hockey goalie who wears a custom-designed helmet called The Cash, after Johnny Cash. (via That Nashville Sound)
- Jack Ingram recorded a full-length song/video advertisement for HEB, and here’s an acoustic version of “Love You” from his weekly Acoustic Motel series.
- Ever wonder how Todd Snider keeps his material fresh?
I’ve talked about this with ramblin’ jack elliott. we think it’s travel.
as in “if you wanna keep ramblin at the mouth, keep ramblin at the feet”
- Justin Townes Earle details some of his past problems in an article on The Wall Street Journal website about drug use, sobriety and rehab albums. (via The Tennessean)
- If you forgot to check Ronnie Dunn‘s site on Friday to hear his new single “Bleed Red,” here you go.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...