New Releases (April 19): Ralph Stanley, Robyn Ludwick & Zoe Muth; Sunny Sweeney For Free; Hayes Carll & Amanda Shires On Daytrotter
Ashlee Blankenship & Blades of Blue – Ashlee Blankenship & Blades of Blue Amazon | Artist Website Back City Woods – Dirt From Which We Came Amazon | iTunes The Dixon Brothers with The Callahan Brothers (Box Set) Amazon | MP3 edition not available until May 10, but samples can be heard on Amazon or [...]
Alison Krauss & Union Station – Paper Airplane Amazon Del McCoury Band & Preservation Hall Jazz Band – American Legacies Amazon Granger Smith – Poets & Prisoners Amazon Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit – Here We Rest Amazon ($5.99) Larry Stone – Thistle & Salt Amazon | Cool Groove Records Mark McKinney – Home [...]
New Releases (April 5): Anna Wilson, The Bellamy Brothers and More; Harley Allen, Mel McDaniel and Jake Jenkins Remembered
Andy Friedman – Laserbeams and Dreams Amazon Anna Wilson – Countrypolitan Duets Amazon The Bellamy Brothers – Greatest Hits Volume 1: Deluxe Edition Amazon The Black Lillies – 100 Miles of Wreckage Amazon Calafia – Calafia Artist Website Craig Campbell – Craig Campbell Amazon Daniel Romano – Sleep Beneath the Willow Amazon Diana Jones – [...]
New Releases (March 29): Band of Heathens, Doyle Lawson, The Grascals, Willie Nelson and More — Plus New Alison Krauss Video
Al Dunkleman – When We Were Young Amazon | iTunes Band of Heathens – Top Hat Crown & The Clapmaster’s Son Amazon ($7.99) | iTunes Ben Hall – Ben Hall! Amazon | iTunes Brian Wright – House On Fire Amazon ($5.99) | iTunes Buffalo Gospel – The Good Land Artist Website (FREE) Doyle Lawson & [...]
March 22 New Releases: Ashton Shepherd, Grasstowne, Josh Kelley, Maggie Björklund, The Roys and Tommy Shaw
New releases for the week of March 22, 2011 include: Ashton Shepherd – Look It Up EP iTunes Billy Currington – Best of Billy Currington (Icon series) Amazon Grasstowne – Kickin’ Up Dust Amazon | iTunes Josh Kelley – Georgia Clay Amazon | iTunes Josh Turner – Best of Josh Turner (Icon series) Amazon Maggie [...]
Willie Nelson to Appear on Next Snoop Dogg Album; The Civil Wars Perform for Paste; Grammy Performances Boost Sales
Snoop Dogg‘s next album finds him collaborating with Willie Nelson: The album’s most left-of-center track is the playful “Superman.” Accompanied by guitar and harmonica, Snoop and Willie Nelson trade riffs on living life with the hands they’ve been dealt and realizing, “I’m not Superman.” The idea to work together took shape when the two artists [...]
Garth Brooks & Leon Russell Chosen for Songwriters Hall; Second Gary Floater Tribute Arises; Free Downloads Abound
Leon Russell and Garth Brooks are among this year’s inductees for the Songwriters Hall of Fame. When one has a dad like Elizabeth Cook‘s dad, one doesn’t need QVC. The new Owen Temple record Mountain Home hasn’t even been released yet (Apr. 26) and he’s already giving it away for free. As a Sam Houston [...]
Blake Shelton Has Third Consecutive No. 1; Dwight Yoakam: Better Actor Than Guitarist; 5-Year-Old Sings Caitlin Rose
For the first time in his career, Blake Shelton hit No. 1 three consecutive times. The latest single to top the charts, and Shelton’s eighth overall, is “Who Are You When I’m Not Looking.” Studies show that Nashville is a major force in popular music… Jewly Hight on the track “Chances Are,” from Hayes Carll‘s [...]
Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday. The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced. As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, [...]
Dave Alvin Scores TV Gig; Randy Traywick’s (Travis) Publicity Photo; The Grascals Find Success with Cracker Barrel
Davin Alvin will make a guest appearance in, and wrote a new song for, the second season of the FX channel’s crime-drama series Justified. My pal Kelly Dearmore digs the new Hayes Carll record, KMAG YOYO (& Other American Stories), even if it doesn’t exactly make him forget about its predecessor. [...] this is the [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...