About The 9513
The 9513 is the web’s premier country music blog, and a go-to resource for thousands of readers in search of the latest country music news and reviews. Our community includes artists, songwriters, radio DJs, promoters, label executives, and, most importantly, the people who make all those jobs possible: country music’s fans. The 9513 (pronounced “ninety-five thirteen”) is also 100% independent–and that means that our content is never influenced by our advertisers or our industry connections. Because of that fact, our readers have come to rely on us for the most honest and uncensored country music perspective available anywhere–online or in print.
Mainstream, Red Dirt, Texas Country, Americana, Bluegrass–whatever your style is, we’ve got it covered. The 9513 is the place where everything with country roots comes together. We work hard to promote and recognize excellent country music (in all of its forms), to be an outlet for new, undiscovered, and independent artists, and to provide a forum for open dialog between musicians and their audience.
But above all of this, The 9513 is a place where country fans come together to discuss and celebrate the greatest music in the world.
- Brady Vercher | Editor
Gig Harbor, WA
brady [at] the9513.com
- Brody Vercher | Editor
brody [at] the9513.com
- Barry Mazor | Senior Columnist
- Drew Kennedy | Columnist
New Braunfels, TX | Twitter
- Chris Neal | Columnist
- Blake Boldt | Correspondent
- Paul W. Dennis | Correspondent
Winter Springs, FL
- Stephen Deusner | Correspondent
- Sam Gazdziak | Correspondent
- Janet Goodman | Correspondent
- Pierce Greenberg | Correspondent
Nashville, TN | Twitter
- Ken Morton, Jr. | Correspondent
- C.M. Wilcox | Correspondent
Sacramento, CA | Twitter
If you’d like to send a tip or contribute an entry or review to the site, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All tips will remain anonymous unless you ask for recognition. In that case, send us your name and a link to your site.
If you’re an artist or record label and think your music would be a good fit for the site, send us digital files using ReviewShine — a website that allows artists and promoters to safely and securely submit digital music to bloggers — or mail a CD to:
PO Box 151264
Austin, TX 78715
Also, press releases can be sent to email@example.com.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Beyond the discussion, I really like the layout of the site. It’s very easy to navigate.
There are other country music sites that have some good writing, and good info, but they’re an absolute trainwreck trying to navigate them.
Excellent site! Thanks!” – Doug
But most especially, I have found that our album reviews (whether it’s you guys talking about live shows, or Jim & Matt doing album stuff) are nearly SPOT ON!
I do a weekly feature on my show called Taste Test Tuesday where I sample 3 tunes from the new album.
Kenny, Carrie, Sara, Rascal Flatts, LeAnn, B&D, etc. I started on 9/11.
I always do a ton of show prep and find that when I’m reading The 9513 album reviews, I almost always feel the same way!
On top of that, I enjoy learning about artists I wouldn’t otherwise know about. For example, you introduced me to Gretchen Peters and now I am a FOREVER fan! I had never heard of her until this morning.
I also like the feedback sections because I feel like I can read what country fans/listeners have to say. Openly and honestly.
I could go on and on, but that’s just a snippet for you!
THANKS again!” – Lois L.
Anyways, thank you SO much for providing the best coverage on country music.” – Jessica in Versailles, KY
The 9513 does not claim credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. If you own a copyright to an image found on The 9513 and do not wish for it to appear here, please email us and we will be happy to remove it. Any opinions expressed on this site are just that, opinions, and should not be taken as offensive. However, feel free to express your opposing views.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...